Monday, January 12, 2009

Getting to Know Me

Hello All,

Where to begin...well lets start with the most glaringly obvious trait about me. I am short. Standing in at 4'7 I try and show others that despite the fact that I am so petite, I can do pretty much anything anyone else can. Except for those (very) few times that I use my height as an excuse (do you mind grabbing that for me, I can't reach it?).

But that is just a physical characteristic. There is more to me then that. For instance, I have a not so secret passion for musicals. Musicals are the majority of music that I listen to. Not so typical for a college student. I do admit that I enjoy other music, its just that I prefer musicals hands down.

I always prided myself on being a person who remembered a myriad of things and who never really forgot much. I never understood when someone forgot something like a phone conversation or packing a pillow. That went out the door once I arrived at school. Me, over prepared as usual, packed two days before I left for school. So when I left, I assured myself and my mother that I had everything ready. About two hours into the trip I realized something. I had left my pillow at home. Something that should have been the first thing packed was left at home. I just cracked up once I came to the realization that I had left my pillow behind. So one new pillow later I was at school feeling very foolish. I like to blame the incident on having just turned 20 and becoming old. Sorta.

Now that I have described myself, how do others view me? Well according to my friend Alicia I am "a Jewish mother-friend who is always there for you if you ever need someone to help you with your problems. " I really appreciated that sentiment. I always try to be there for my friends.

I think that's all I have for now. A pretty ok summation of me or at least a fraction of my essence.

photo.php.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment